As a community we have watched with great sadness the events unfolding in the United States and around the world over the past weeks. We stand united in condemning racism, racist behavior and all abuses of power.
Although the Mautic community is relatively small, Mauticians and users of Mautic span the world. As a community that is in the process of forming, we have a lot of work to do when it comes to building and supporting a diverse and inclusive community.
We have spent the past week listening, educating ourselves on racism (find some useful resources here), and exploring how we can move forward as a community that welcomes and embraces all.
Here are some of the ways we are taking action:
- Reviewing and updating our code of conduct to be more explicit on our commitment to building a community that is welcoming to all; its scope; and unacceptable behaviours.
- Creating a Diversity and Inclusion Working Group to drive these initiatives within the community
- Developing a diversity statement which outlines our values, and how we will ensure that our community is welcoming and supportive to all as we grow.
- Investigating how we can measure the diversity of our community and report on this regularly - we are currently exploring the CHAOSS community metrics relating to diversity as a potential tool.
- We are working on plans to support our leadership team and wider community with training and resources so that we all collectively raise our awareness, learning to recognise and respond to any kind of discrimination we encounter.
We will be sharing more in the coming weeks, if you would like to be involved in these projects or have suggestions you would like to share, please join the Diversity and Inclusion Slack channel (get an invite at mautic.org/slack).