Code of Conduct
A primary goal of the Mautic community is to support you and your business in the development, use and implementation of Mautic. It’s to be inclusive and add value to the largest number of participants, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in our community, whether in-person or online, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
Your participation is contingent upon following these guidelines in all Mautic activities, including but not limited to:
- Using Mautic community resources.
- Working with other Mauticians and other Mautic community participants whether virtually or co-located.
- Representing Mautic at public events.
- Representing Mautic in social media (official accounts, personal accounts, Facebook pages and groups).
- Participating in Mautic sprints and training events.
- Participating in Mautic-related forums, mailing lists, wikis, websites, chat channels, bugs, group or person-to-person meetings, and Mautic-related correspondence.
We invite all those who participate in Mautic activities online to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone, everywhere.
2. Open Source & Culture Citizenship
A supplemental goal of this Code of Conduct is to increase open source and culture citizenship by encouraging participants to recognize and strengthen the relationships between our actions and their effects on our community.
Communities mirror the societies in which they exist and positive action is essential to counteract the many forms of inequality and abuses of power that exist in society.
If you see someone who is making an extra effort to ensure our community is welcoming, friendly, and encourages all participants to contribute to the fullest extent, please recognize their efforts.
3. Welcoming to all
We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of level of experience or job role, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, national origin, citizenship and immigration status, neurodiversity, mental health or socio-economic status.
4. Expected Behavior
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all community members:
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this community.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Guide conversations toward issue resolution.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
Alert Mautic team members if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
5. Unacceptable Behavior
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable within our community:
- Violence and Threats of Violence are not acceptable - online or offline. This includes incitement of violence toward any individual, including encouraging a person to commit self-harm. This also includes posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxxing”) online.
- Public or private harassment is never acceptable in any form.
- Personal Attacks Conflicts will inevitably arise, but frustration should never turn into a personal attack. It is not okay to insult, demean or belittle others. Attacking someone for their opinions, beliefs and ideas is not acceptable. It is important to speak directly when we disagree and when we think we need to improve, but such discussions must be conducted respectfully and professionally, remaining focused on the issue at hand.
- Derogatory Language Hurtful or harmful language is never acceptable in any context related to: background, family status, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, personal appearance, body size, native language, age, ability, neurodiversity, mental health, race and/or ethnicity, national origin, citizenship and immigration status, socioeconomic status, religion, geographic location.
- Unwelcome Sexual Attention or Physical Contact Unwelcome sexual attention or unwelcome physical contact is not acceptable. This includes sexualized comments, jokes or imagery in interactions, communications or presentation materials, as well as inappropriate touching, groping, or sexual advances. This includes touching a person without permission, including sensitive areas such as their hair, pregnant stomach, mobility device (wheelchair, scooter, etc) or tattoos. This also includes physically blocking or intimidating another person. Physical contact or simulated physical contact (such as emojis like “kiss”) without affirmative consent is not acceptable. This includes sharing or distribution of sexualized images or text.
- Disruptive Behavior Sustained disruption of events, forums, or meetings, including talks and presentations, will not be tolerated. This includes spamming community discussions with the solicitation of unwanted products or services.
- Influencing Disruptive Behavior We will treat influencing or leading such activities the same way we treat the activities themselves, and thus the same consequences apply.
- Corporate Promotions Sharing of demo/trial/landing page links and other corporate promotions are never permitted unless explicitly requested by a community member. The only exceptions are that the moderated Commercial forum category may be used to promote opportunities which may be relevant for members of the community (for example job opportunities, freelance gigs) and Mautic Community Partners may promote their products and services on their partners page.
- Scraping contacts by name or any other personally identifiable information for unsolicited communication is never acceptable in any form.
6. Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any community member, including sponsors and those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a community member engages in unacceptable behavior, we may take any action deemed appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the community without warning. Examples of sanctions which may be applied include but is not limited to:
- Verbal warnings.
- Written warnings.
- Temporary absence from participation.
- Long-term absence from participation.
- Being required to follow a conduct agreement that dictates the process of returning to the community.
7. Reporting Guidelines
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify us as soon as possible by emailing [email protected], or contacting a Mautic team member on the specific platform.
Processes for dealing with breaches of the Code of Conduct can be found here.
8. Addressing Grievances
Only permanent resolutions (such as bans) may be appealed. To appeal a decision, contact the Mautic team at [email protected] with your appeal and the team will review the situation.
We expect all community participants (contributors, moderators and other guests) to abide by this Code of Conduct in all community venues–online and in-person–as well as in all one-on-one communications pertaining to community affairs.
While this code of conduct is specifically aimed at Mautic’s official resources and community, we recognize that it is possible for actions taken outside of Mautic’s official online or in person spaces to have a deep impact on community health.
Resources or incidents which break this code of conduct for any reason in a non-Mautic community location will be considered in the same way as resources or incidents from owned channels, and subject to the same sanctions.
10. Contact info
For more information, please contact [email protected].
11. License and attribution
This Code of Conduct is directly adapted from the Stumptown Syndicate and distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.
Reviewed and updated using the Mozilla Code of Conduct Assessment Tool.
(Code of Conduct is subject to change without notice).
Where there has been a breach of the Code of Conduct, sanctions may be imposed according with our policy.
Any individuals listed below have active sanctions against them due to a serious breach of the Code of Conduct.
|Yosu Cadilla||Repeated personal attacks following formal warning||Indefinite ban||June 6, 2023|
Where the sanction is a ban, the individual may not speak at any events relating to Mautic, or represent Mautic in any capacity for the duration of the term. All accounts related to the Mautic community will be deactivated.
Any individual with an indefinite ban will only be considered for re-admission to the community after a minimum term of six months. Re-admission is not guaranteed.
Re-admission to the community will only be considered an option where the individual demonstrates genuine remorse and a willingness to learn from their past experiences, and commits to developing an Action Plan in collaboration with the Community Council which addresses the behaviours that led to the original ban.