- 1. Getting Started
- 2. What's New
- 3. Dashboard
- 4. Contacts
- 5. Components
- 6. Channels
- 7. Campaigns
- 8. Reports
- 9. Points
- 10. Stages
- 11. Categories
- 12.1. Citrix Plugins
- 12.2. Clearbit
- 12.3. ConnectWise
- 12.4. FullContact
- 12.5. Gmail
- 12.6. Hubspot CRM
- 12.7. iContact
- 12.8. Mailchimp
- 12.9. Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- 12.10. Microsoft Outlook
- 12.11. Pipedrive
- 12.12. Salesforce CRM
- 12.13. Sugar CRM
- 12.14. Twitter
- 12.15. vTiger CRM
- 12.16. Zapier
- 12.17. Zoho CRM
- 12.18. Social login
- 12.19. Field Mapping
- 12.20. Integration Testing
- 13. Use Cases
- 14. Cron Jobs
- 15. SAML SSO
- 16. Search
- 17. Queue Support (RabbitMQ/Beanstalkd)
- 18. Themes
- 19. Translations
- 20. Tips & Tricks
- 21. Variables
- Published with GitBook
This is covered in this document.
For Mautic 1.2.2 and older
- a MailChimp app has to be created
- the authentication is made via oAuth2
- Client key and secret credentials are needed for authentication
- SSL (https) connection is required
This plugin is backward compatible.
- If the client ID is filled, the plugin will use oAuth2.
- If the client ID is empty, the plugin will let you insert the API key.
In this document, there may be references to outdated terminology such as
- lists or lead lists, and
- anonymous leads
- leads were renamed to contacts
- lead lists were renamed to segments
- anonymous leads were renamed to visitors
Get MailChimp API key
- Create a MailChimp account if you don't have one already.
- Go to Account / Extras / API Keys and create a new one.
- Copy the created API Key.
Authorize Mautic - MailChimp plugin
Fill in the username you use to log in to MailChimp and the API key. Save the plugin.
Configure the plugin
Navigate to the Features tab in the plugin configuration modal box. You should see this note:
The Contact Field Mapping tab will appear after selecting a segment and will update after changing the selected segment.
Select the Segment.
If you don't have a segment in MailChimp created yet, go to MailChimp dashboard / Segments / Create List and create one.
Save the plugin configuration
Open it again.
The Contact Field Mapping tab should appear now.
Configure the field mapping.
Other configuration options
Push contacts to this integration
This option is checked by default. If you uncheck it, the plugin will not push contacts to MailChimp any more.
Enable double opt in - If MailChimp should send a confirmation email to the contacts added by this plugin. The contacts will have to confirm that they really want to be added to the segment.
- Send welcome email - Whether MailChimp should send the welcome email.
Test the plugin
Follow these steps to test the integration.