Sign the Mautic Community Contributors Agreement online via DocuSign.
Thank you for your interest in contributing to the Mautic Open Source Software project. Acquia, Inc. (“Acquia,” “we,” “us”) is unable to consider your submissions of code without having a copy of this agreement, signed by you, on file. If you have not already done so, please review this agreement and sign it at the bottom and e-mail a digital copy to email@example.com.
Please read this agreement carefully before you sign it, and keep a copy for your files. If you are signing this agreement on behalf of your employer or other organization, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to enter this agreement on behalf of the organization.
1a. “Software” means all computer programs, projects, and related works distributed or made available by Acquia or its successors or assigns (including, without limitation, all source code, object code, user interfaces, and any related documentation).
1b. “Contribution” means any original work, including any modification or enhancement to the Software, that you submit to us through any manner of communication.
2. Assignment and License to Acquia. You hereby assign, and to the extent that the assignment is not made at present, will assign to Acquia all right, title and interest you have in the Contribution, and you waive any rights, including any moral rights, that may affect our ownership of the Contribution or our rights therein. To the extent that this assignment is for any reason ineffective, you grant to Acquia a worldwide, exclusive, transferable, irrevocable, sublicensable, no-charge, royalty-free and perpetual license to use, copy, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, communicate, make available to the public (including without limitation via the internet) and distribute, in each case in an original or derivative form, the Contribution. You also agree that we may publicly use your name and the name of any organization on whose behalf you're entering into this Agreement in connection with publicizing the Work.
3. License to You. In turn, we grant to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, irrevocable, sublicensable, no-charge, royalty-free and perpetual right to use, copy, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, communicate, make available to the public (including without limitation via the internet) and distribute, in each case in an original or derivative form, the Contribution.
4. Patent License. You grant to Acquia and to any recipient of any Software distributed or made available by us a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, irrevocable, sublicensable, no-charge, royalty-free and perpetual patent license to make, have made, use, sell, offer to sell, import, and otherwise exploit the Contribution, in whole or in part, alone or included in any Software, under any patent you own or license from a third party that is necessarily infringed by the Contribution or by combination of the Contribution with any Software.
5. Your Assistance to Acquia. You agree, at our cost, to promptly sign, execute, make and do all such deeds, documents, acts and things as we may reasonably request to perfect our entire right, title, and interest in and to the Contribution.
6. Your Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant that (a) each Contribution you submit is an original work by you and you can legally grant the rights set out in this agreement; (b) the Contribution does not, and our exercise of the rights granted by you will not, infringe any third party’s intellectual property or other proprietary right; (c) you have the legal right and authority to enter this agreement, either on behalf of yourself or an organization, and by doing so you do not breach any other agreement to which you are a party; and (d) you are not aware of any claims, suits, or actions pertaining to the Contribution. You will notify us immediately if you become aware or have reason to believe that any of your representations and warranties is or becomes inaccurate.
7. Miscellaneous. This agreement is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without the application of its principles on the conflict of laws, and the parties hereto submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts of Massachusetts over any claim or matter arising under or in connection with this agreement. This agreement does not create a partnership, agency relationship, or joint venture between the parties. We may assign this agreement without notice or restriction. If any provision of this agreement is found to be unenforceable, that provision will be modified to render it enforceable to the extent possible to effect the parties’ intention and the remaining provisions will not be affected. The parties may amend this agreement only in a written amendment signed by both parties. This agreement comprises the parties’ entire agreement relating to the subject matter hereof.
Full Name: _____________________________________
Organization (N/A if none):_____________________