We are excited to officially announce the Mautic Developer Days and Community Sprint, taking place in Vienna from July 19th to July 22nd alongside the Drupal Developer Days event.
Our second year of running the event, we welcome everyone interested in deepening their knowledge of Mautic and joining our vibrant community. Whether you're a developer, marketer, technical writer, or simply curious about Mautic, this is the perfect opportunity to dive into the world of this outstanding open source marketing automation platform.
What to Expect
The event kicks off on the first day with a comprehensive introduction to Mautic during a training session. This session is tailor-made to provide a solid foundation for individuals new to Mautic, ensure you're up to speed, and ready to unlock its full potential. Don't miss this chance to supercharge your Mautic skills!
For the subsequent two days, we have lined up an exciting schedule of community contribution sessions. These sessions offer firsthand experience in various aspects of the Mautic project, including development, testing, marketing, technical writing, community building, and event organizing. Regardless of your expertise, there will be ample opportunities for you to make a valuable impact and contribute to the growth of Mautic.
In recognition of the diverse Mautic community spread across the globe, we are pleased to offer a remote participation option. If you can't make it to Vienna, you can still join us virtually from anywhere. We want to ensure that every member of the Mautic community has the chance to participate and contribute, no matter their location.
Several of our team members will be contributing remotely so we will have mentors available both in-person and online to get you started.
Mautic Sprint (21st-22nd)
Kickoff: Friday 10:00 h
Please see Slack channel #community-sprint for hours and all coordination
(Use https://mau.tc/slack-invite if you do not yet have an account for the Mautic Slack space)
Access for remote attendees: via Zoom
(Meeting ID: 875 0093 1130, Passcode: 330242)
What we’re going to be working on:
- Strategy for growing local communities
- Preparations for the next in-person Mautic conference
- Finalising work on the new developer docs (API documentation writers needed!) and end-user docs
Legal & Finance Team
- Workflows for CollectiveVoice integration for collaborative approving of expenses on Open Collective in Slack (doc & video, form to complete)
- Tooling for implementing the new governance model
- Preparing copy and workflows for the call for nominations for the Mautic Council
- Preparatory work for the upcoming strategy workshop
- Content and visuals to support the Mautic 5.0 release
- Testing the Mautic 5.0 alpha release
- Fixing bugs identified
- Writing Mautic-specific email transports for Symfony Mailer
If you're planning to join us in-person, here's some information about the venue:
The event is happening at the University of Vienna (Oskar-Morgenstern-Platz 1, 1090 Vienna), located very centrally in the city of Vienna. The main contribution area will be in the Sky Lounge event room on the 12th floor, which includes a rooftop terrace with a panoramic view of the city!
The venue is certified for green meetings and surrounded by restaurants and well known points of interest like the Freud museum. The 1st district is just a 5 minute walk away.
Location, location, location:
- One tram station away or a 3-minute walk to the U2 & U4 Station Schottenring. Get the Wiener Linien APP on your phone or use a maps service for public transportation information.
- Important Update: As can be read here, the Vienna Public Transportation System will be doing construction on the U2 and U4 lines that will affect us during the event.
How to Get Involved
To be a part of Mautic Developer Days and Community Sprint in Vienna, firstly make sure that you mark these dates in your calendar.
If you plan to attend in-person, please book your ticket here. (132 EUR including coffee, heathy snacks, drinks and evening entertainment)
If you plan to attend remotely, please book your ticket here. (free, but donations welcome)
We will be sharing updates on the event agenda, registration process, and logistics.
In the meantime, we encourage you to spread the word among your networks and colleagues who might share an interest in Mautic. The more diverse and engaged our community, the stronger we become.
The Mautic Developer Days and Community Sprint in Vienna is your gateway to immerse yourself in the world of Mautic, enhance your skills, and contribute directly to this awesome open-source project. Whether you attend in person or remotely, we look forward to your active participation and dedication.
Don't miss this fantastic opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals, share insights, and help shape the future of Mautic. Together, we will build and improve a powerful marketing automation platform that empowers businesses around the world.
Stay tuned for further updates and get ready to join us in Vienna or remotely from July 19th to July 21st.