We are excited to announce that Mautic 5 beta-2, the newest version of our open source marketing automation platform, is available for public testing!
With Mautic 5, we aim to bring you a more intuitive, powerful, and seamless marketing automation experience. We've worked really hard to get to this point - huge thanks to all the community members who have contributed to the release!
This is a pre-release, which means it should never be used in a production environment. It would be helpful that people could test upgrading your development instances from Mautic 4 - there will be an upgrade path to the Release Candidate when it is released.
Please only use it in testing environments, and report back your findings.
The major release focuses mainly on a major update to Symfony 5 and supports PHP 8.1, but it also brings several user-facing changes and exciting news for developers. Read on for more information.
What's New in Mautic 5 Beta?
- CKEditor has been updated from v4 to v5 (#12641)
- Custom emails can now set a reply-to address (#11662)
- More detailed information on email engagement stats available in reports (#12713)
- Engagement with focus items is now displayed on the contact timeline (#11999)
- Focus items now display click conversion rates (#11945)
- Segments with filters now display an icon in list view (#12533)
- Update to URL shortener system - if you use bit.ly you now need to use the third party plugin (#12299)
- The Marketplace now shows you the command to install a plugin at the command line (#12529)
- Improvements to the new queueing system including UI-based configuration (#12648)
- Google Analytics now supports GA4 (#12421)
- The application and local configuration has been separated, to better support composer-based installations (#11561)
- More autowiring (#12493)
- Speed improvements with automated tests (#12531)
How Can You Help?
By testing the Mautic 5 beta, you have a chance to contribute to its success. Here's how you can help:
- Test the Beta: Download the beta, test it diligently, and let us know if you encounter any bugs or issues. Your feedback can help us improve the final product. Please search first on github.com/mautic/mautic/issues before reporting any bugs there.
- Provide Feedback: Share your thoughts about the features and functionality. We want to know what works for you and what doesn't.
- Spread the Word: Tell your communities, colleagues, and friends about the new Mautic 5 beta. The more people that test the beta version, the more feedback we'll receive, leading to a stronger final product,
All being well, the Release Candidate will be published on 30th October - but we have a lot to do between now and then, so please consider volunteering to help with testing, especially on Fridays in #t-product and #mautic-5 on Slack in our Open Source Friday sprints!
Please remember that this is a beta version and should not be used in a production environment. We recommend testing it in a safe staging or development environment. Thank You!
We are excited to see Mautic evolve with the needs of its community and are grateful for your continued support and feedback in this process. You make Mautic what it is, and for that, we thank you.
Download the Mautic 5 Beta now, dive in, and let us know what you think. We believe that with your help, we can make Mautic 5 the best version yet!
Until then, happy testing!